If IIS was previously installed on your system, you will not be able to install our embedded web server (TWebServer.exe) when you install FactoryStudio.
FactoryStudio will run without the webserver, however, you will not be able to remotely access project configurations or serve runtime web pages. All other functionality works.
If you want to use IIs to enable remote engineering access and the web clients, you need to install some FactoryStudio services in IIS or enabled the TWebServer. IIS is also necessary when you want to run the runtime as a Windows Service, and to provide remote access to project web pages, iPad displays, and project engineering.
To enable the TWebServer, stop the IIS server or other applications that use port 80, and run the product installation. To setup the IIS server, follow the procedure in this chapter.
This section explains how to install these services in IIS. This explanation targets IIS 7.x and 8, but other versions should be similar.
You are going to install three services inside IIS:
|On this page:|
If IIS was installed after the installation of the .NET Framework, it is necessary to run and verify the procedure described on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752252.aspx. This will run the following programs using the command prompt as Administrator:
aspnet_regiis.exe -I -enable
3. From the IIS Manager, verify that the .svc extension is mapped to aspnet_isapi.dll.
4. From the FactoryStudio installation folder, run the utility: InstallTWebServer.exe /uninstall, which will remove the default TWebServer installation.
5. From the IIS Manager, go to Sites > Default Web Site > Add Application and configure the information for the services as described in following steps
6. For the TProjectServer, configure:
7. For TVisualizerWeb/TVisualizerRemote, configure:
8. For the iDataPanel Service, configure:
9. Forthe DataPanelImages (Virtual Directory), configure:
10. Enable Anonymous Authentication for each of the services.
11. Setup the Compression module. If it is not installed, you will see the alert boxes.
12. Create a new MIME Type for the .tzip extension
If the dynamic compression is not installed, go to the Server Manager, Roles, Web Server. Under Role Services, check your installed Roles. If Dynamic Compression isn't installed, click Add Roles and install it.
You can go back to compression for your site and ensure Dynamic Compression is checked. At this point, Dynamic Compression should be setup, but you really need to be specific about what mimeTypes will be compressed.
From the dropdown, select system.webServer/ webdev / httpCompression:
Then click on Dynamic Types. Now that you are in the list editor, add application/json as shown below. Close the dialog after you add it.
12. If your remote users cannot access FactoryStudio, you should allow Everyone access to the FactoryStudio folder, at least for reading. Right-click the folder, click the Security tab, click Edit, then add read permissions for Everyone.
IIS must be restarted after configuring the services.